The General Administration of Information and Public Relations at the Cairo Metro company organized a campaign for Ramadan Iftar in the main and interchange metro stations (al-Shuhada – Ataba – Anwar El-Sadat) at the first and second lines.
This comes in coordination with the Egyptian Food Bank throughout the holy month of Ramadan, under the directives of Transport Minister Kamel al-Wazir for the third year in a row.
The Iftar campaign distributes boxes of snacks daily, containing a bottle of water, juice and biscuits.
Cairo Metro spokesperson Ahmed Bakir confirmed that coordination is underway with the Egyptian Food Bank team to distribute a thousand box of snacks for breaking the Ramadan fast daily to all passengers present at the stations and inside the trains at the time of the Maghrib call to prayer.
The campaign aims to distribute 30,000 boxes inside the metro until the end of Ramadan.
The Egyptian Transport Ministry earlier this month announced the operating hours for metro trains at the Cairo Subway during Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr:
- The first train departs from all terminal stations at 5:15 am.
- The last train on the first line from Helwan and from New Marg departs at 12:15 am.
- The last train on the second line from Shubra al-Kheima and al-Munib departs at 12:30 am.
- The last train on the third line from Adly Mansour departs at 12:07 am.
- Last train on the third line from KitKat departs at 12:38 am.
- The last train of the first line meets the second line at Anwar al-Sadat station at one am.
- Gamal Abdel Nasser is the interchange station of the first line with the third line, and the last train meets at 12:30 am.
- Ataba is the interchange station of the second line with the third, and the last train meets at 12:30 am.