I tasted this combination at a restaurant last Ramadan and spent the entire month trying to recreate it. A very simple but unlikely mixture, the cream and garlic add smoothness to the ful.
1 can of plain ful medames
½ small carton of cooking cream or 1 large spoon of ‘fresh cream’ – eshta
3 cloves of garlic, smushed
salt and pepper to taste
drizzle of olive oil
- Empty can of ful into a small pot over a medium flame.
- Add in three cloves of smushed garlic.
- Allow ful to simmer while breaking beans apart by squashing them with a fork or a wooden spoon.
- After 10 minutes of simmering, add in cream and stir through. Allow to simmer for another five minutes.
- Pour into a deep dish and break beans apart with a fork until no whole beans are left.
- Mix in salt, pepper and oil.
- Serve with hot baladi (pita) bread and enjoy!