Prime Minster Kamal al-Ganzouri will meet Egypt’s military council today to discuss the bloodshed that has followed Wednesday's violent football disaster in Port Said, when 74 people died.
Clashes between protestors and police have lead to the deaths of twelve protestors since Wednesday.
State TV reported that Ganzouri, a 78-year-old former prime minister who was recently re-appointed by the military council, will also discuss the recent surge in crime.
Last week, a branch of HSBC-Egypt in Cairo was robbed, Chinese workers in Sinai were kidnapped and released, and two American tourists were kidnapped and released. This week at least two police stations have been attacked.
State TV did not give further details about the meeting, such as whether Ganzouri will meet Egypt’s de facto leader Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi or not.
But it said Ganzouri will not return to his office on Qasr al-Aini Street in downtown Cairo, but again work in a temporary office at the General Authority for Investment in Nasr City.
On Thursday liberal MPs attacked the prime minister, calling for his resignation due to the security vacuum that lead to the Port Said disaster.