Egypt Independent

Luxor and Aswan’s Cultural Tourism Sector discuss coronavirus impact on tourism



Luxor and Aswan’s Cultural Tourism Sector on Sunday discussed the impacts of the coronavirus epidemic on Egyptian tourism, following the cancellation of hundreds of flights from and to China – while looking to encourage tourists from other countries to visit Egypt during the winter season.

The number of Chinese tourists in Egypt would have increased by 50,000 tourists in 2020 compared to last year, the head of Luxor’s Cultural Tourism Marketing Committee Mohamed Osman said.

Osman said that tour operators launched tourist campaigns as well as tourist offers during the 2020 Vitor International Exhibition, to encourage Spanish, Indian, Brazilian, and Latin America tourists to visit Luxor and Aswan.

The number of charter flights from Spain to Egypt increased in 2020, he pointed out.

Minister of Tourism and Antiquities Khaled Anany said in an interview with “Alla Masa’olity” program on Sada al-Balad channel that the all ministries are working to confront the coronavirus.

Anany stated that the ministerial cabinet discussed the coronavirus in coordination with the state authorities.

The minister added that all tourists in Egypt are safe and enjoy good health.

Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm