A high-level US delegation met Monday in Kyiv with top Ukrainian officials “to reaffirm the United States’ strong and steadfast commitment to Ukraine and its defense against Russia’s unprovoked aggression,” according to a State Department readout.
Here’s who was on the US delegation:
- Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman
- Deputy National Security Adviser Jon Finer
- Undersecretary of Defense Colin Kahl
Here’s who they met with in Ukraine:
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky
- Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal
- Minister of Defense Oleksii Reznikov
- Deputy Prime Minister Oleksandr Kubrakov
- Ukrenergo CEO Volodymyr Kudrytskyi
“Prior to the visit, the delegation made stops in Germany and Poland to review U.S. security assistance to Ukraine,” the readout said.
During the meetings, the leaders talked about how international assistance “has helped stabilize Ukraine’s economy” as well as how the US and Ukraine could continue to have an economic and trade relationship when the war is over, according to the readout.
Leaders also discussed efforts to repair Ukraine’s energy infrastructure, it added.