An elderly man and three children died from asphyxiation on Thursday, following the outbreak of several fires in a residential apartment in Egypt’s Giza.
The Civil Protection Operations Officer in Giza says he received a notification from police on the outbreak of huge fires in an apartment on Faisal Street.
Director of Civil Protection in Giza moved five ambulances to the scene, and firefighters managed to extinguish the blaze before it spread to nearby apartments.
Police claimed that the fires were caused by a short circuit in the building.
The four victims in the fire were taken to a nearby hospital after the incident, with the Public Prosecution in Giza’s Haram District announcing their deaths that same day.
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm