Egypt on Tuesday issued several decisions in preparation for the upcoming month of Ramadan, including the need to provide strategic and supply goods at low prices and dealing with the pandemic.
The decisions include-
- Tightening security campaigns on the markets to control prices and address commercial fraud.
- Emphasis on the Ministry of Supply to provide strategic commodities at fairs and showrooms at reduced prices.
- Tightening control over bread, especially in villages.
- The spread of traffic officers to control congestion during peak hours.
- Forbidding the establishment of iftar tables in or outside the mosque
- Only allowing Tarawih prayers that do not exceed 30 minutes.
- Not bringing children to mosques while performing prayers.
- The continuation of the prohibition against holding large gatherings during Ramadan in closed places such as funerals or celebrations.
- Commitment to preventive measures regarding commercial activities in restaurants, malls, cafeterias, and others.
- Owners of commercial establishments must abide by the summer opening and closing times.
- The need to adhere to measures in schools to prevent further infections
- Intensifying media campaigns to educate citizens about the importance of wearing protective masks in public places.
- Intensifying security campaigns to arrest violators of precautionary measures
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm