The Egyptian National Railways (ENR) has established new prices for VIP trains to Lower Egypt and Upper Egypt.
Tickets for VIP trains to Lower Egypt are now LE100 for the second class, and LE130 for the first class. Upper Egypt’s VIP train tickets are now set to LE190 for the second class, and LE295 for the first class.
The ENR also announced it has begun operating its new trains on all lines throughout the country.
These new trains feature American-made heavy equipment and Russian-made passenger cars. The cars came as part of a 2018 contract Egypt signed with the Russian-Hungarian Transmashholding Company to supply the ENR with 1,300 new train coaches.
The schedule of the new trains is as follows:
Between Cairo and Upper Egypt –
- Train number 1004: departs from Ramses Station in Cairo at 8:15 am, arrives in Assiut at 1:30 pm.
- Train number 1008: departs from Ramses Station in Cairo at 11:15 pm, arrives in Aswan at 12:30 am.
- Train number 1007: departs from Sohag Station at 5:00 pm, arrives in Cairo at 11:55 am.
- Train number 1005: departs from Assiut Station at 5:30 pm, arrives in Cairo at 10:45 am.
- Train number 1009: departs from Aswan Station at 7:20 pm, arrives in Cairo at 8:05 am.
Between Cairo and Alexandria –
- Train number 1131: departs from Ramses Station in Cairo at 8:10 am, arrives in Alexandria at 11:05 am
- Train number 1130: departs from Alexandria Station at 4:35 pm, arrives at Ramses Station in Cairo at 7:25 pm
According to the ENR, lines number 1004 and 1005 will extend to Aswan starting on September 30 based on the following schedule –
- Train number 1004: departs from Ramses Station in Cairo at 9:30 am, arrives in Aswan at 11:10 pm
- Train number 1005: departs from Aswan at 11:30 am, arrives at Ramses Station in Cairo at 12:50 am
The ENR’s full schedule and tickets are available at all stations in the country or online.