The coaching staff of the Egyptian national football team addressed all professional Egyptian players abroad, in preparation for the two matches against Senegal on March 25 and 29 in the final stage of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
Egypt failed to win the 2021 African Cup of Nations after stumbling against Senegal in the final in February.
Egypt lost the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations title to Senegal, 2-4 on penalties, in the final match of the tournament, at the Paul Biya Stadium in the Cameroonian capital, Yaounde on February 6.
Egypt’s head coach Carlos Queiroz summoned all the professional players abroad and addressed their clubs 15 days before the camp, according to the regulations.
The initial list of players that were addressed included:
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool, England)
- Ahmet Hasan Koca (Konyaspor, Turkey)
- Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal, England)
- Mostafa Mohamed (Galatasaray, Turkey)
- Sam Morsi (Ipswich, England)
- Omar Marmoush (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Ahmed Yasir Rayan (Altay spor, Turkey)
- Karim Hafez (Yeni Malatya Spor, Turkey)
- Ahmed Hegazy (Al-Ittihad Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
- Mostafa Fathy (Al-Taawoun, Saudi Arabia)
The first leg will take place at 7:30 pm at Cairo International Stadium, and the return will be held at five pm in Senegal.
The two teams met in 14 friendly and official matches, Egypt won seven times with three draws and four victories for Senegal.