The Cairo Traffic Department announced several detours and diversions to ease traffic jams resulting from construction work on the Ring Road, lasting for two months.
An Interior Ministry statement on Wednesday explained that the required traffic services are being deployed to meet any expected traffic densities and ease traffic flow. It added that work being done to expand the Ring Road at its intersection with the Autostrad Corridor will require that several directions be closed as of midnight, effective February 1st for two months.
The Cairo Traffic Department assigns the necessary traffic services is cooperating with the constructing company to put in place technical assistance and all equipment indicating construction in the area to ensure citizen safety.
These detours include:
– Closing the entrance to the Ring Road from Autostrad Corridor for those coming from el-Basateen abattoir towards the direction of Mounib.
– Closing the exit from the Ring Road for those coming from al-Mounib towards Street 306 and the Autostrad Corridor.
– Closing the entrance to the Ring Road from Autostrad Corridor for those coming from the el-Basateen abattoir towards Kattameya.
The detours will be enforced in the following manner:
– Those coming from the Autostrad Corridor (al-Basateen abattoir) heading towards al-Mounib will continue with Autostrad Corridor and return from the U-turn in front of Wataneya gas station to Autostrad Corridor, and then the entrance to the Ring Road towards the al-Mounib area.
– Those coming from the Ring Road (al-Mounib) heading towards the Autostrad Corridor, in the areas of Maadi and Helwan will continue with the Ring Road, then exit the Ring Road towards Masaken al-Kanadi Street, then go down the Ring Road (an invented road), so then take U-Turn towards the Autostrad Corridor then the areas of Maadi and Helwan.
– Those coming from the Autostrad Corridor (al-Basateen abattoir) heading towards Kattameya will continue with the Ring Road, and return from the U-turn in front of Wataneya gas station to Autostrad Corridor, then on the right hand take the Masaken al-Kanadi Street, then take the Ring Road towards the Katameya area.
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm