73 tourists evacuated from boat in Aswan due to engine malfunction

Tourists were evacucated from a touristic boat by Aswan security services on Thursday, after smoke was discovered coming from the engine room.

Major General Magdy Moussa, Aswan'a security chief, was notified by the security in charge of securing tourist ships in Edfu harbor that dense smoke was being expelled from one of the ferries.

Civil protection troops were able to control and put out the small fire. All the tourists were transferred to another boat to resume their program.

The engine room blaze was on the Nile Marquis craft, which belongs to Swing of Egypt tourist agency. The four-storey boat was carrying 73 tourists on board. The smoke resulted from an engine malfunction.

Lotfy Ibrahim Attiya, 47, head of the ship, did not accuse or cast suspicion on any crew members.

A police report was filed and the prosecution was notified to conduct investigations.

Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm


Related Articles

Back to top button